Address: 5, Emerald Hill Road, Singapore
Opening hours: 12:00~02:00 (until 03:00 on week-ends)
Located in a Sino-Malaysian Shophouse on Reranakan Place, this bar
is the regular haunt for international gloe-trotters. Beer is the drink
of choice here, where the floor is strewn with peanuts shells.
THE PRINCE OF WALES (BACKPACKER PUB)
Address: The Prince Of Wales - Backpacker Pub, 101 Dunlop Street, Little
Tel: (65) 6229 0130
Fax: (65) 6316 7077
Opening hours: 4:30 p.m.~1:00 a.m. Monday to Friday, 11:00~midnight,
Saturdays and Sundays
Manager: Malcolm Davies
What makes POW unique?
- Its the only backpacker pub in Singapore
- A 45% discount to card carrying Backpackers (VIP, STA, YHA, EURO
- The only real pub in Little India
- Four draught beers (Newcastle Brown Ale, John Smith's Extra Smooth,
Beamish Irish Stout, FOSTER'S)
- It's a pub that an Australian would walk into and know its Australian
with out the "cringe factor" (i.e. no pictures of the Harbour Bridge, Opera
house, kangaroos, etc).
- The main bar is non-smoking, while the large Beer Garden and front
porch is smoker friendly.
- The music is contemporary modern rock
- The staff are young fun friendly Australians